Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Milner, B.C.

Lately I've been working on a series of pinhole images of a small farming town that has been nearly swallowed up by the surrounding suburb. This little gem is called Milner, and I cycle though it to get to work out at TWU. This series will likely form the basis for my application for a gallery on f295, if and when I get enough images I like.

These were taken with a converted Foldex 20 (6x9 cm, ~90mm FL, 0.38mm pinhole). There is a farm feed store ("Hometown Hay & Feed") in Milner that services the local farms with grain feed. These shots are of the grain tranfer station/elevators that supply the store. The elevators are supplied by rail cars that use a short spur off of the main line.




I'll post more Milner shots as the portfolio grows...

No comments: