Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Alumi-pin test roll #2 - glitches solved!

The changes to the camera (see the post below) worked great. I also re-lined the lid with innertube rubber in lieu of foam, and it worked better. The frame counter allowed me to space the images evenly and accurately. I've now installed a 0.210 mm pinhole, which is closer to optimal size for 30 mm, and changed the film mask to a 24 x 24 mm square to try this format on for size (and squeeze more images on to a roll). I think I'll save the next roll for World Pinhole Day.

Enjoy!

It was a glorious day here yesterday. This is the sun shining through the trees into my backyard. The wind was blowing, so a lot of the blur is the motion of the leaves & trees. Summer is coming! (Alumi-pin, 4 sec exposure on Fuji print film, f105 {0.280mm pinhole at 30mm}).

These shots were done by placing the camera on the dashboard of my car while driving at night, and allowing street and car lights to "paint" the film with a long exposure. The cable release made taking these exposures easy. (Alumi-pin, ~ 8 sec exposure on Fuji print film, f105 {0.280mm pinhole at 30mm}).

No comments: